Monday, June 22, 2015

Why smartphones (sometimes) disgust me

 https://partnerxchange.files.wordpress.com/2014/10/unread-mail-number-iphone.jpg
Picture

Hello beautiful people.
Well for today's post I thought I would talk about a topic which I have discussed with some friends and let me say not just one time. I don't know if you can already think of what I will say in this post and if you think the same but here is my opinion on smartphones.

Okay so to start this post I have to make clear that I really don't hate smartphones in general. It's more the way people use it.
I mean, I see that it is amazing that you can call people wherever you are and  whenever you want. Also I've often used maps because sometimes you just don't know where you are at and such an app can be extremely useful (talking from experience).

But even though smartphones seem to be so useful there is also something I don't like about them. And as I already said this is how people use their phones.
When you are with a friend or even a group of friends, why do you still have to text with another friend. Like, you meet in a café with friend A because you haven't really hung out latley. Suddenly friend B is texting you.
You now have two choices: 1. You text friend B back and start
                                        a conversation with them
                                        or
                                        2. You tell friend B that you are
                                        currently hangin out with friend A
                                        and you will text back later.

I would be really interested in what you would do so be sure to leave a comment.

If you decide to start a conversation with friend B I don't really see the reason in hanging out with someone else. Or you could've just met in the group of three.
Personally I don't like it when my friends are coming over and they are constantly texting someone else. I mean what is the reason behind meeting then anyway. Maybe I am a little paranoid but to me it seems like talking to your other friends is more important to you than talking to me.

Of course there are situations where I totally get that you have to text or call someone, like your parents about when you will come home or things like that. It's also ok for me if you tell the friend sitting next to you who you are texting and what it is about, so that both of you take part in the same conversation.

I can't stand it when I see friends hanging out together but each of them is talking to another friend on the phone. Am I weird? Or do you thiink the same way?

Why can't we talk just like people have always used to?
I'm much to shy but if you would be more confident then I would tell everyone to not use their phone while their in my house, only if it is really needed.
Also I want to say that I am proud of one of my friends. Whenever we are together she puts her mobilephone into her pocket and does not care if someone is texting. When I'm with her I have her attention and I really enjoy to hang out like we used to in primary school when there were no smartphones.

Well this is more or less my opinion on the use of smartphones. Make sure to leave a comment telling me your thoughts about this.

I will talk to you soon,

Norina xx

1 comment: