Saturday, August 8, 2015

Do more of what makes you happy (7)



Hello beautiful people,
today it's time for another 'Do more of what makes you happy'. For the month of August I've asked a lovely blogger who I met through Twitter and then instantly fell in love with her blog. Go check out her blog here. So she has sent me this mail with the list and a little text which was originally directed to me. Nevertheless I really enjoyed reading the text and I thought you would to and so I just left it as it was. This text showed me that she really thought about those ten things and this is exactly what I want people to do. That's why I started this project in the first place, so that people think about what makes them really happy so they can do more of that. So before this post gets to long I leave you alone with her post and I will see you again at the end.


So, you asked me to write a list of ten things that make me happy.
Initially I thought this would be pretty easy. I'm not naturally the happiest person in the world, so over time I have learned to recognise the things that bring me joy and make sure that I have them in my life.
I came up with things like listening to music and drinking tea, I also came up with things that I thought make me happy, like heavy metal music where the singers scream so I don't have to, but the more I thought about it the more I realised that in those moments I'm not really happy. Those hyper active or peaceful moments are actually much closer to self destruction and depression than happiness.

So to cut a long story short, I actually found this list quite hard to write. I didn't want to come up with a list of things that I like, or that I enjoy when I am already happy. I want to think of things that actually MAKE me happy. Things that make me smile when I was in a really bad mood, or that give me that floating an inch above the ground feeling.
So here is what I ended up with.

1. Doing things to help other people/making other people happy

2. Stepping on a really crunchy leaf.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-_jwTbK6kJ-M/Uh6gncTVinI/AAAAAAAABOQ/Q4xKiB9kLSQ/s1600/leaf.jpg


3. Being in the mosh pit at a concert surrounded by all those jumping people and actually being being to feel the vibration of the music in my heart.

4. The way my horses ears flick forward when he hears the sound of my voice. And also the way my horses smell like home.

5. Spending time with my family.

Bildergebnis für family

6. Meeting people who love the things I love and getting to talk about awesome bands and piercings and things.

7. My body mods.

8. The way my dogs get really excited to see me when I get home from work and the way they run to me when they are scared because they know I'll keep them safe.

9. Learning something new/mastering a new skill.

10. Cuddling up in bed and hearing the rain outside.



Yup. These things make me happy.
Thanks for prompting me to do this and making me think about this stuff. :)

Xx Sasha


Yup, this is the original text I got from her (no wait, I actually added the photos but left the rest as it was) and I couldn't be happier about it. I want to say a massive thank you again to Sasha for not only writing this post, but thinking about the deeper meaning behind this list.

If you want to share your list with meor your thoughts about this project, then make sure to send an e-mail to: nonomue6@gmail.com
I post those lists every month and maybe yours will be the next one.

Anyways, I hope you enjoyed reading this post as much as I did reading/writing it. And don't forget to check out Sasha.

I will talk to you soon,

Norina xx

No comments:

Post a Comment